While at first glance you may associate the term hypnosis with something you’ve seen on TV, it’s actually a safe and powerful therapeutic technique used to help you gain control over unwanted behaviors, and to cope with pain and anxiety. Hypnosis quite often is a great therapeutic technique when other methods have not been successful.
Hypnosis puts you in a trance-like state, which allows for a heightened state of focus and attention. While hypnotized, you can expect to remain fully in control of your thoughts and body movements. You can expect to feel extremely relaxed and more open and receptive to suggestions that will ultimately create the positive changes you are seeking.
As a certified hypnotherapist, I have seen hypnosis help people make powerful transformations. The benefits of what this therapeutic technique can do are limitless.
In my practice alone, I’ve successfully used hypnosis to:
- Help a longtime smoker finally quit for good.
- Help individuals lose weight by gaining control of their eating habits.
- Help a 10 year old girl paralyzed by her fear of dogs not only overcome it, but reach the point where she now loves dogs and has one as a pet.
- Help a teenage girl with severe test-taking anxiety work though her anxiety and increase her SAT by over 200 points.
- Help those who struggle with drugs and alcohol release the shame caused by addiction.
- Help a man overcome his fear of flying.
And this is only a small sampling of the number of success stories I’ve seen with hypnosis. The list is endless!
That’s one of the amazing things about hypnosis… it can be used for anything. No matter what you are looking to overcome, we can successfully address the issue through hypnosis.
Because hypnosis puts you in a trance-like state, before beginning the process I adjust the room to your comfort level. Whether it’s lights on/off, calming music in the background, aromatherapy, or all of the above, we create an environment in which you feel relaxed and at ease throughout the process.